YongNuo RF-603 Nikon with EM-5
For people with YongNuo RF-603 Nikon version and wish to use it with their Olympus EM-5, you just need to do some modification to the trigger so it’ll work with your EM-5 or any other M43 cameras.
If you’ve been searching around the web, you’ve probably found that people modified the Canon version of RF-603 from DPReview Forum and Better Family Photos. Someone in the forum commented that he used conductive aluminium tape for the Nikon version and it worked. So now I’m sharing how I modified my Nikon version RF-603.
You will need:
- Philips screwdriver (+)
- Conductive aluminium tape
I will just skip to the part where I show you which 2 contacts to tape over.
- Tape across the 2 contacts as shown in the photo.
- I took out the pin that’s furthest inside since it’s no longer needed.
- I have to leave the spring in for the RF-603 to work with my EM5.
- Trigger activated by my EM5.
**Note: When mount on the EM-5, I have to pull it out a little for the RF-603 to work.
**The pin that’s furthest inside: